Great flavors, so colorful and very healthy! An easy and delicious vegetarian entrée to make for lunch or a light dinner.
24 ounces black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/4 cup green onions, trimmed and ¼“ sliced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (leaves only)
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl and gently toss with a spatula.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
3. Pour dressing over mixture and gently toss together.
4. Taste and adjust for salt.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl.