A gloriously light and fluffy confection for anyone who loves coconuts! Crunchy on the outside while moist and chewy on the inside, it’s yummy-licious!
2 egg whites
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Beat egg whites in a large mixing bow until stiff, gradually adding sugar.
2. Add vanilla and beat again until light and smooth.
3. Carefully stir in coconut and orange peel.
4. Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto greased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 270 degrees (slow oven) about 40 minutes, until macaroons are delicately browned around edges.