1-3/4 177 flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup margarine (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1) Sift together flour & baking soda and set aside.
2) Use a mixer to cream butter. Add vanilla and sugars and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg.
3) At low speed, beat in cocoa. Add dry ingredients and, with a wooden spoon, mix until just blended. Stir in nuts & chips.
4) Let chill in refrigerator/freezer for at least 15 min (chilling makes the cookies form plumper).
5) Drop teaspoonfuls onto nonstick or foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 12-13 minutes.
6) Remove from oven & cool slightly before removing from baking sheets.