These are fun to make with family and friends for any occasion and perfect to enjoy while sipping Turkish coffee. Light and almost creamy, each delicious buttery bite melts in your mouth.
- 1 pound unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 177 cake flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1) Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar, almond flour, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
2) In another bowl, sift together flour and cornstarch and incorporate into butter mixture until just combined.
3) Scoop out dough and place dough on a table lightly dusted with flour. Working with sections of the dough, roll each section into a 1” coil. Cut coil at a slight angle in 1-1/4” pieces. Place onto a baking pan prepped with baking sheet. (Note: Work dough as little as possible.)
4) Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes total. Remove and cool completely.
5) Sift powdered sugar over the top of each cookie before serving.