Light, crumbly and the perfect accompaniment to tea or coffee, these scones are a delightful treat to bake and serve at your next brunch.
32 oz bread flour
4 oz sugar
2 oz baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried lavender
4 cups cream
2/3 cup orange honey
1/2 cup candied orange, finely chopped
1. Sift first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment.
2. Add lavender to dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, combine and mix cream, honey and candied orange. Add to dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix.
4. Remove dough from bowl and place on floured surface. Roll the dough out to rough rectangle about an inch thick. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut out triangles (about 12 pieces). Place each piece on a cookie sheet that is first lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes (rotate after 10 minutes).