Simple, easy and oh-so-good. Recipe courtesy of Pinch of Yum.
8 slices bacon (thin slices are easier to use to wrap)
16 medjool dates
4 ozs chèvre (goat cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening. Remove pit.
3. Using a spoon (or piping bag with large tip), stuff a small amount of goat cheese into the cavity of each date and press the sides together to close.
4. Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
5. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet with raised edges and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn each date to lay on its side. Bake for another 5-8 minutes or until browned to your liking. Repeat for the other side of date.
6. Remove from oven, place on paper towel lined plate and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
For crispier, browned bacon, set the oven temperature to 375°F.