This simple, chilled potato salad makes great use of unpeeled potatoes. Creamy and flavorful, whip up a batch for a luncheon with friends, to enjoy at a summer concert or serve up alongside bbq.
5 - 6 russet potatoes, halved
2 cups celery, chopped
1-1/2 cups green onions, sliced
2 cups mayonnaise
1. Place potatoes and a good pinch of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife.
2. Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Allow the potatoes to steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Peel and cut potatoes.
4. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
6. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
7. Transfer to serving bowl.