Turkish coffee (finely ground coffee -- add cardamom spice for extra YUMMY!)
ibrik (Turkish coffee pot)
1. For each serving, measure 1 demitasse cup of water and add to ibrik (turkish coffee pot).
2. Add an extra demitasse cup of water to ibrik to account for evaporation.
3. For sweetness:
Normal: Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar per serving.
Light: Add 1/4 teaspoon sugar per serving.
Extra: Add 3/4 teaspoon sugar per serving.
4. Bring the water and sugar in the ibrik to a boil.
5. Remove ibrik from heat and add 1 heaping teaspoon of turkish coffee per serving. Stir well.
6. Return ibrik to heat and bring coffee to a boil. Have your teaspoon ready in hand.
7. When the coffee begins to rise, remove the ibrik from the heat and insert the spoon in the liquid, which will deflate the rising coffee and keep it from overflowing. A bit of crema (thin layer of foam) should remain on surface. (Note: Bringing the coffee to a boil more than once will make it very bitter.)
To evenly distribute this YUMMY! foam, first fill each demitasse cups half-way and then top all of them off.