16 ounces couscous, uncooked (medium sized)
1/4 cup bell pepper (any color)
1/4 cup red onion
½ bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
¼ cup zucchini
½ bunch scallions
¼ cup celery
1 cup rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (about 8 oz.)
1/2 cup cooked wild rice
1 teaspoon black ground pepper
1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
1/2 cup golden raisins, packed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup almond slivers
2 cups water
1) Wash all vegetables.
2) Cut bell peppers and red onions into a small dice. Place into a medium sized bowl.
3) Deseed and cut zucchini into a small dice.
4) Trim scallions. Chop into ½” pieces.
5) Cut celery into small dice.
6) In a medium stockpot, bring water to a boil. Add turmeric, salt and oil. Return to boil and remove from heat.
7) In a large casserole dish, add couscous and pour hot turmeric water over couscous. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap for 35 minutes. Remove plastic wrap. Separate couscous through a metal mesh strainer to drain and fluff up couscous.
8) Transfer couscous to a lined sheet tray and place in refrigerator for 25 minutes or until cooled. Use a strainer to fluff up and separate couscous.
9) In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except raisins and almonds. Fold well to evenly distribute. Add raisins and almonds and fold again. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.