These simple, tasty cookies are adapted from a classic Armenian recipe. Dust them with powdered sugar or dip them in chocolate, these cookies go great with a glass of cold milk, hot tea or cappuccino, any time of day.
½ cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup tahini
1 large egg
2-½ cups all-purpose flour
1-½ teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped finely
Preheat conventional oven to 350°F. If convection, turn off fan or 325°F on low fan.
1. Cream butter with both sugars.
2. Add tahini and egg.
3. Mix well and scrape sides of mixer. Mix again to evenly incorporate. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
5. Scrape tahini mixture into another bowl.
6. Fold the sifted flour-mix onto the tahini mixture. Continue until completely integrated.
7. Roll dough into Nickel-sized balls and place on a greased baking sheet 4-5 inches apart.
8. Using a fork, gently and slightly flatten each ball of dough.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
10. Let cool completely and serve with your favorite coffee or tea.